Monday, April 11, 2011

Not going to museums




After my last stunning piece about the value of cultural activities, specifically art museums, I have spent the last two weeks not going to them. La vie.

Instead, since the weather has cleared up and been gorgeous, I have spent my time wandering around Paris. And I really do mean wandering. Two Saturdays ago a couple other au pairs and I went in for the day without any particular plans. We spent time in central Paris, looking for gifts, then went up to Sacré Coeur and spent some time in a little park that - surprisingly - wasn't overrun with tourists. Everything was sunny and blooming and it was every cliché about Paris in Spring that you've ever heard.



We found a seriously cool apartment building from 1901 - art nouveau kids! - and kind of maybe snuck inside, which was also, though not equally, exciting.


I'm kind of in love with it.

Then this weekend we went cemetery hopping in Cimitière Monparnasse (Edgar Quinet), which was nice, and Cimitière Père Lachaise, which was gorgeous and peaceful and kind of crazy, but in a good way.



The last is Oscar Wilde's tomb. I did kiss it, but ... it's a little gross, honestly.

So I did not go to any museums, but I think embracing Spring is equally important. Next time I post I should have some more pictures, as I'm going on vacation with the fam again, which means I won't be updating for at least a week and a half (no internet). Although, to be honest, that wasn't all that likely anyway.

Hope everyone else is enjoying Spring as well (or Fall, if you're in the Southern hemisphere)!

1 comment: